1.27.2012

FMS19 and CTD176

Freshly Made Sketches  has a great new sketch to try this week.  The scalloped border immediately made me want to use my newest border die, so I was all ready to get started.


Then I saw the Color Throwdown Challenge for this week and just love these colors together! The bed in the inspiration photo is really beautiful, too! 


And here is my project combining the two challenges.  It isn't exactly what I planned in my head, but it's not too horrible :)

Stamps: PTI Botanical Sihouettes, Mehndi Medallion
Ink: SU! Rose Red, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip
Cardstock: SU! Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Rose Red DP, PTI white
Dies: PTI Mat Stack 5, Mat Stack 1, hearts border, filigree border

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

So pretty! Love that intricate border!

Broni said...

Pretty card! I love your use of the 2 border punches! Thanks for playing with us at the Color Throwdown.

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow! I love how you combined that lacy border with the hearts! So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Rita W said...

Hello there my friend! :) I'm so glad to see you played along with us this week! I love the fun mix of colors and those border punches are fabulous! I love the dainty medallion images too!

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card, I love the clean look.

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful card...the fancy border punch you used adds such an elegant touch to your design!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

Anonymous said...

That filigree punch border is just gorgeous!